WHY WE DESIGNED IT:
Seat bag users fall into two categories: Seat Roll aficionados and seat bag users. Traditionally, seat bags have been simple open spaces that allowed content to jangle about, making noise and rubbing against each other. Often times a spare tube was pulled out of a seat bag to reveal it was more full of holes than the tube being replaced due to friction against a house key or multi-tool. With Mattone, we designed a layout similar to a book, where the bag can fully open to hold the tube and CO2 cartridge on one side, separated by a padded ballistic nylon ‘page’ separating it from the other side where you can store an inflator head, multi-tool, contact lens case, etc. The ‘page’ also contains a slot for a credit card, ID, money, or house key. The unique off-center Aquaguard Zipper allows the case to completely open and lay flat when off the bike, while also allowing easy access to the multi-tool and money/card slots when on the bike without risk of spilling all the contents of the bag.
A high friction Hypalon strap with BOA® Closure completes the package. Making more than 15x the power of Velcro®, the BOA® Closure uses a ratcheting mechanism that will not creep or loosen even under the most extreme vibration and impact. This ensures the Mattone will remain ‘high and tight’ under your saddle until you need to access it… no swinging, swaying, or rattling… ever.
- Exterior – Sleek black finish with reflective graphics
- Interior – Hi-contrast red material with separate ID, credit card or money flap
- Interior Volume – Holds one inner tube, one CO2 cartridge, one tire lever
- BOA® Closure System with open guide release on Hypalon retaining strap
- YKK Aquaguard® zipper
- Outside Dimensions: 13cm x 8.5cm x 5.5cm
- Volume: Approximately .61 L
- Strap Measurements: 27cm x 4.5cm